Saturday, December 12, 2009

Robots Leave No Fingerprints

I'm finished with my degree project. It was a long road getting up to this point, but here's everything as it stands right now.

My series of images is based around a visual marriage of film noir and retro science fiction. I picked the two because they both have strong roots in the post-WWII 1940s and 50s, and they play well off of each other in terms of aesthetic style. The actual look of the pieces is a bit of a departure from my usual work, but it matches the subject material well and it was fun and kind of nostalgic to revisit charcoal for a while. The images are designed to loosely follow some sequence of events which can be left up to the viewer's imagination:

"A single shot rang out in the dark."



"A dead suit in a shady part of town.
Bad news for him, good business for me."



"I may be a detective, but you sure didn't
need one to see that this guy got taken
out with steadier hands than a human's."



"When she looked you over, you
felt like the Sunday paper."



"Guys with pockets this deep always have
more than just safes in their closets."



"I hate being chased by guys
with nicer cars than mine."



"We both knew we were lying to each other,
but for now, none of that mattered."

No comments:

Post a Comment