Saturday, May 29, 2010

Some New Stuff

Here are a couple of new pieces that I just cranked out this week in an attempt to get back into things:


M042010.29.16 (Box), 2010. Acrylic, transfer and collaged street debris on board



M14683.20.7460 (Jack), 2010. Acrylic, transfer and collaged street debris on board


These pieces kind of represent a new direction that I'm beginning to pursue with my artmaking. I get a great enjoyment out of collaging just for the sake of collaging, so I have begun to design these abstract compositions made almost entirely out of found materials, bringing order and meaning to what used to just be garbage. There is a quality to all of these little scraps that I find around that makes it just really fascinating to sit down and play with them until something happens to fit together just right and suddenly make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment