Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Some New-ish Stuff

Here's a new painting that I finished over the summer that I'm pretty proud of.



As It Was In the Hearts of Men, So Shall It Be, 2010. Mixed Media on Board


The strange business at the top of this piece is a lace tablecloth that I stretched/tore/generally ravaged and distressed to make cool three-dimensional texture. It was really successful and is something that I plan on employing and delving deeper into in the future. It also presents a whole new world of headaches on the reproduction end of things. It was excruciatingly difficult to try to do this piece justice in picture form, as the lighting completely changes the look of the entire piece when it moves around, and it is hard to get a sense of that when you are presented with one, static photograph on which to base your impression. I'll let these other experiments tell the story:


Also, I will be another show at the Soo Rye Gallery that runs over the holidays, which is nice. It's called 'Precious', and is centered around small works of art, so I submitted a couple of my strange collage family people. Everyone that I have shown them to in the past has really liked them, so I hope that they are well-received. Then again, 'everyone' in this case is my friends, and my friend's tastes are, in a word, 'unique'.

On a different note, I think that I'm going to start posting general non-artish things that interest me up here occasionally too, so there will be less art-pressure and I actually start stopping by more frequently. Item the first: http://wallbot.net/viewer_full.php?id=1250
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment